Quartz.NET 2.0 has finally been released. Quartz.NET 2.0 introduces a new more interfaced based model of operating with the API, lots of performance improvements and bug fixes to issues found in 1.0.x line.
- .NET 1.1 and 2.0 support is dropped
- Quartz.NET now needs .NET version 3.5 SP1 or later to run due to use of new language features and classes
- Many public interface methods have changed from returning arrays to generic IList or ISet interfaces
- TriggerBuilder implementations and JobBuilder should now be used to create different job and trigger definitions
- Introduced IJobDetail, IContrigger, ISimpleTrigger, ICalendarIntervalTrigger have far less members and especially mutators
- When C5 collections were introduced as set-based implementation provider, ISet and ISortedSet interfaces were narrowed (IList inheritance removed)
- string triggerName, string triggerGroup are now encapsulated in TriggerKey (has the same fields)
- string jobName, string jobGroup are now encapsulated in JobKey (has the same fields)
- JobInitializationPlugin is now deprecated in favor of XMLSchedulingDataProcessorPlugin, JobInitializationPlugin no longer included
- Microsoft's Oracle drivers are no longer supported, use 10g or 11g ODP.NET drivers
- Database schema has changed, you need to convert your 1.x schema to new version, sample migration script available in database folder
OTHER NOTABLE CHANGES
- XMLSchedulingDataProcessorPlugin uses new XML format that allows more control over triggers but no support for calendars
- There are extension methods for the new trigger builder that allow you to set trigger specifics
- Client Profile is now supported and there are now separate DLLs for client profile
- PropertySettingJobFactory is now the default JobFactory
Please see the change log for complete list of changes.
Quartz.NET is also available as NuGet package. You can install it with command:
This version corresponds to Java Quartz's version 2.1.
Big thanks to Quartz.NET community that has sumbitted pull requests, patches, bug reports and for being so active and making the 2.0 release possible!